Strategic Plan 2019-2024
In March 2019, our Team of 8 – the seven Ector County ISD Trustees plus the Superintendent – began work on a strategic plan to guide the District for the next five years. From their initial work came the overarching Vision.
Over the next year, more than 100 people – school district leaders, campus leaders, teachers, students, parents, and wide array of community members – strove to create a plan that will carry out the District’s Mission.
“Believing OUR Students are THE Future, the mission of Ector County ISD is to inspire and challenge every student to be prepared for success and to be adaptable in an ever-changing society.”
The strategic planning team worked from the foundation of 12 fundamental Beliefs.
- Receiving a quality education is a fundamental right for every student
- Preparing our graduates for success after high school
- Engaging in learning is a shared responsibility between students, staff and parents
- Valuing our students, staff, parents and community
- Identifying a pathway for success for every student to become a leader
- Providing a consistent and viable education for every student
- Recruiting, retaining, and developing the best people
- Making decisions that are driven by the needs of students
- Setting each other up for success
- Upholding community traditions and civic engagement
- Embracing diversity
- Learning that is supported by safe and healthy student classrooms and school culture
From this work came three areas of focus; three strategic themes - Foundational Excellence, Talent Development, and the Learning Journey. You can read more about the initiatives that support these three themes on the left side of this page.
Our new strategic plan is not just a long list of boxes to check. It is a theory of action, if implemented well, it will forever influence and change the paths of our students. Their future is in our hands, and The Future is Now.