- Students can earn “Free Dress” for attendance (as a grade level) or through various activities and awards on campus, including Admiral Bucks. Stickers MUST be obtained the day BEFORE free dress is worn.
- Nimitz is a standardized dress campus, however, some days are designed as “free dress” for students. On these days, students are allowed to dress in the clothing of their choice as long as it meets the following guidelines:
- Dresses, skirts and shorts must be no more than 5 inches above the knee (even if leggings are worn underneath)
- Writing or emblems on clothing must only present positive messages as deemed by an adult in the building.
- No form fitting clothing such as under armor, body glove, leggings or jeggings. Leggings/jeggings are only allowed if worn with a dress, skirt or short that is knee length. Garments over leggings must be loose fitting, not form fitting, no “sweater” dresses or long shirts.
- No see-through or sheer clothing is allowed, even with undershirts.
- Necklines must be modest and not drape off the shoulder or show cleavage at any time.
- No tank tops, sleeveless tops, muscle shirts, undershirts, or spaghetti straps allowed unless a shirt with sleeves such as a t-shirt is worn under the garment.
- Pants, shorts, and skirts must be worn at the natural waist.
- No pajama or pajama type clothing.
- No sweat pants, warm ups, gym shorts, joggers, basketball shorts or any type of bottom that has an elastic waist or drawstring waist.
- Shoes must be worn. No house shoes or slippers. Definition of a house shoe shall be determined by an administrator.
- Torn, cut or frayed clothing of any style is NOT allowed.
- No hats or caps of any type.
- No oversized hoodies or jackets allowed.
The front office will provide appropriate clothing for students who do not adhere to the campus dress code policy.