Are you a lifelong learner? Ector County ISD is offering an incentive for
teachers interested in pursuing a Master’s Degree in any field of education.
Approved candidates will be allowed the maximum per salary schedule for
courses listed on the Master's Degree Plan.
To apply for the Master’s Degree Incentive Program you will need
1. Apply to the university/college of your choice (including those seeking a degree
through Masters Online or other accredited distance learning programs)
2. Have your Degree Plan from your university/college
3. Pick up and fill out a Master’s Degree Incentive Program.
a. Applications are located in Human Resources
4. Return the Application and your Degree Plan to Valnita Hernandez in Human
5. You will be notified in writing of your acceptance into the program and when your
reimbursements will begin
a. Master’s Incentive Reimbursements are not retroactive
Criteria / Guidelines
- The Masters Incentive program is for 1st Master’s Degree only
- Preference will be given to those teachers who are currently enrolled in a
Master’s Degree Plan.
- Candidates must hold a valid Texas Teacher Certificate.
- Candidates receiving financial assistance from other sources will not be
considered for the ECISD Master’s Incentive Program.
- Master’s work must be sought in the content area in which the candidate is
currently teaching or in another education field (Education Administration,
Counseling, Speech Pathology, etc.)
- Candidates will be allowed the maximum per salary schedule for courses
listed on the Master's Degree Plan.
- Candidates will be reimbursed after the course (s) is successfully completed
with a minimum grade of a “B” and a transcript is submitted to the Human
- Candidates are responsible for submitting their own applications to the
Please call Valnita Hernandez at 432-456-9351 if you have questions
concerning the Master’s Degree Incentive Program.
In order to receive your reimbursement, you will need to:
1. Have been notified in writing of your acceptance into the Master’s Degree
2. Upon completion of the course(s) you must submit an official transcript
with a grade of a “B” or better and receipts to the Human Resources
Department within three weeks following the semester for which you wish
to be reimbursed.
a. Send transcripts and receipts in attention to: Valnita Hernandez,
3. Reapply for the program if you do not take classes for three consecutive
a. Because of workloads, we understand that you may not attend for a
year. However, if you miss three semesters in a row you will be
required to reapply to continue in the Master’s Degree Incentive
4. All communications and submissions concerning the Master’s Degree
Incentive Program should be addressed to Valnita Hernandez, Human
Resources Director 432-456-9351.
Print and complete the application by clicking on the following link. Submit completed applications to Valnita Hernandez, Human Resources Director.