Why volunteer? – Think about the impact you could make!
During the 2018-19 academic year, the district celebrated 36 years of our volunteer program. Collectively, 908 individuals volunteered 58,266 hours. The value of a volunteer hour is $25.43; therefore, volunteers’ service is valued at $1,481,701. Faculty and staff most importantly our students greatly benefitted from all of their hard work, support and care.
Since 1982, the volunteer program has recorded 21,575 volunteers who have given more than 2,095,336 hours of academic and support services to ECISD students and staff for a total value of more than $33.9 million.
What are some of the benefits to volunteering?
- Personal satisfaction by helping students succeed
- Strengthen school, community and home
- Individualized instruction=student success
- Advance academic achievemen
- Extend the reach of your tax dollars
What are our qualifications?
- 18 years old
- Not a current ECISD student
- Approved background check
Come join us!
Explore some of our reoccurring & occasional volunteer opportunities at ECISD!
If you have any special skills you would like to volunteer with our students, faculty or staff let us know!